Regular Bookkeeping Support
» Data Entry
» Bank Reconciliations
» Business Activity Statements (BAS)
» PAYG Activity Instalments Statements
ProfitAbility Bookkeepers take the headaches out of managing your bookwork whilst ensuring you are ATO Compliant
Professional Bookkeeping conducted by Certified BAS Agents
Which industry are you from?
Frequently Asked Questions
Yes, our bookkeepers are Registered BAS Agents with the Tax Practitioners Board.
To achieve this recognition there are a number of strict criteria that they must meet, two of which include an academic qualification in bookkeeping or accounting as well as a minimum of 1400 hours experience.
Registered BAS agents must also undertake continuing professional education to maintain their registration.
You are more than welcome to confirm our Bookkeepers registration with the Tax Practitioners Board.
We have qualified bookkeepers for all of the major accounting software providers such as:
- Reckon Accounts
Small employers (19 or fewer employees) must meet the SuperStream standard by 30 June 2016. Larger employers should have been using SuperStream since 31 October 2015.
To use SuperStream, you need to pay super and send employee information electronically. If you're already doing this, you may only need to refine your system to send the contribution data in the standard format. You can use:
- a payroll system that meets the SuperStream standard
- your super fund's online system
- a super clearing house
- a messaging portal.
If you need a hand becoming SuperStream compliant, please do not hesitate to speak to us.
During the year there are certain dates that businesses need to keep in mind and be compliant with.
The major ones are:
- Financial years start on the 1st of July and finish on the 30th of June.
- The Fringe Benefit Tax year starts on the 1st of April and finishes on the 31st of March.
- Business Activity Statements are due on the 28th of February, April, July and October.
- PAYG Activity Instalment Statements are due on the 21st of the month, however, the Australian Tax Office may allow some businesses to report quarterly or annually.
- Superannuation Guarantee payments must be paid at least four times per year on the 28th of January, April, July and October.
- Annual Payment summaries must be provided to your employees by no later than 14 July.
- Taxable Payment Annual Reports are due on the 28th of August.
A transaction means anytime that money goes in or out of the business bank accounts.
So a transaction can occur when you issue an invoice to a Client and receive the payment for that invoice or when you receive a bill from a Supplier and you pay for that bill.
Contact us Today!
Ph: (07) 4921 9900
Freecall: 1800 VA HIRE
We look forward to working with you soon!